Friday, December 31, 2010

TORNADO in Northwest Arkansas





I was up as usual this morning at about 5:30 and decided to check the weather radar because it was raining and the wind was howling. As I pulled up the weather site I noticed our area was covered in the bad colors and it had a tornado warning box around northwestern Washington county . That's me, I am in that area. I got off the internet, woke up the family and we got in a protected area. At that time the power went off and the cell phone rang. One of my sons had spent the night with a friend and the mom called to tell us that the tornado sirens were going off. We got the emergency radio out to listen and stayed protected. We did not hear of a tornado setting down in our area, but as we went to pick up our son we realized tragedy had hit our little area. Three people in a town by us died and several others were injured. Our prayers are with the families in our area as well as the Emergency workers out in this away from their families. One of my images is of a husband and wife firefighting crew from the Gallatin Fire Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment